Self-Determined Education w/ Miriam Swords Kalk
My guest today is Miriam Swords Kalk, sister of our guest from Episode 6, Sam Kalk. This episode is a connection between some of the favorite subjects of previous episodes like Self-Determination Theory which we talked about with Sam, education which we have discussed with a lot of guests like Episode 14 with Coach Rudy, contextualized in human-centered design Ricardo Martins, Episode 13. All this to say… I am just very excited for this culmination of information.
Link to Walk In My Shoes Paper - recontextualizing the future of education with a Self-Determination Theory lens over the system.
- Putting the People Who You are Serving First
- Redesigning Education Systems
- Equity Oriented Systems Redesign
- Rethinking Degree Structures for a Modern Workforce
- Agency - Belonging - Growth
- People Retention